Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Tiny Apartment Kitchen - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!

 
Welcome to Show and Tell Friday! 
 

 I've been in my "new" apartment since February. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! I've been here almost 5 months already which means I'm halfway through my 10 month lease! My lease is 10 months but my rent can't go up until I've been here 12 months, and since I have to give 30 days notice before I move out I only have about 6 months left to decide if I'm going to stay here or move again! To be honest the rent I'm paying here is a struggle...every single month!  I really loved my old apartment a lot more than this place and this place is about $500 a month more! I'm still bummed that I had to move but I know my landlord knew I was paying way below market value! 
 
 
 
Enough feeling sorry for myself!  Actually I count my blessings every day!  I have so much to be thankful for...we all do! 
 
 There are things I love about living here. The place is much cleaner than my last place even though they both built about the same time...in the late 60s - early 70s.
 
So, this is my tiny kitchen! I thought my last kitchen was small but this one is even smaller but I love that it's open to the living room. I think I'm also loving being on one floor.  I love two-story homes like my old apartment but I sure don't miss climbing the stairs a million times a day! 
 
 
I'm slowly switching from dark blue and white to Aqua and white.   I'm still looking for a cute aqua rug for my kitchen so until then I still have a navy one there. 
 
So this is sort of funny...when I looked at this place I thought it had tile floors in the kitchen and dining room.  The same flooring is in the bathrooms.  It wasn't until I moved in and was barefoot that I realized it wasn't tile, it was vinyl flooring!  I was shocked that I was fooled!  Now that I know, it seems so obvious! I sure wish it were tile! Oh well!
 


 
Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 






If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.
[signature.gif]

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting!

Kathy said...

I love your kitchen, Cindy - the sign is wonderful and the combination of pink and aqua is wonderful - I hope you find whether you can stay or find that perfect romantic cottage! I do appreciate you hosting, have a blessed weekend,
Kathy

Unknown said...

I LOVE that apron Cindy - the colors are gorgeous !
And though your last apartment may have had more space, you can't beat the pool and spa, right?
Thanks again for another great party!
Hugs from a struggling Montrealer !
xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for Hosting. Love how you have personalized a rental. Looking awesome.

Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

Unknown said...

Looking good - might be a tight space but it is a pretty one :) Thanks for hosting!

The Charm of Home said...

Thanks for hosting Cindy! Your little kitchen is perfect!

Unknown said...

Small but nice! I love your decor Cindy. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!
Patti

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

I love your tiny kitchen and aqua blue is going on in my mind !! (I've been a pink girl all my life !) I agree with you to see the positive side of things : it's the secret to be hapy;

xoxo from PARIS

Joëlle

Poppy said...

Hi Cindy,

Your kitchen may be tiny, but it's BIG on style and charm! Love the aqua and pinks you used; they remind me of Greece's laurel flowers against the blue sea.

Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

Poppy

Sara Chapman said...

I think vinyl is far superior to tile. It's more comfy underfoot and warmer, plus you don't have to worry about cracking one if you drop something heavy on it. What's not to like? Easier to clean, too!

Karen said...

Hi Cindy,
I always look forward to visiting your Romantic Home and seeing your wonderful ideas. Your mirror with the shutters is so very pretty! Thank you for hosting such a fun party! Happy Summer! Karen

Heirloom treasures said...

Cindy you have made it lovely. I love the sign.

JoAnne said...

Your kitchen is very cute ~ I love the colors you are using. Thanks so much for hosting each week!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I enjoy seeing your California living in your apartment.
With all your lovely decor you have It looks charming of course.

Are you at the pool a lot?

Decor To Adore said...

It is really coming together nicely! Thank you for hosting.

Tea in the Library said...

Love what you've done with the kitchen and aqua white and pink are favorite combination of mine. I'm your newest follow and it's my 1st time linking up. Looking forward to visiting some great new to me blogs. Have a blessed week!

nancy said...

Love your charming, pretty coffee corner!

blue october said...

Hi Cindy,

I look so forward to your postings and I know how hard it can be to make a new space feel like you have lived there for a long time, but you have done that. Your sense of style is just incredible and whether you stay or you move to a new place, it will always look fabulous.From one who is struggling to another, I wish you the very best.

Victoria said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful Cindy! Cost Plus World Market has some really cute rugs right now, they're very colorful and some had turquoise in them...only $16 each.

We have to give 60 days here so we're also trying to decide whether we want to renew another year or not.

I don't think you're there yet, but for down the road, look into some 55 and older places. They usually offer lower pricing. My husband's much younger than me but I told him, be ready cuz in 9 years we're going in a 55 and up community!

Deborah Montgomery said...

thanks for hosting Cindy. I love that your kitchen looks out onto your living and dining area. and the white and aqua are so pretty. Love that apron!

Lou Lou Girls said...

Fabulous party! Thanks for hosting. Please come and party with us. We would love to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

Unknown said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous and just my style! Hubby and I are also beginning our own kitchen DIY and French Country is my style. I've been ogling Annie Sloan paint for awhile and with your reveal, I think you've convinced me that it is worth the cost. Beautiful!
kitchen-design

Mers said...

Thank you for hosting Cindy... you have a nice compact apartment..

This N That said...

You've done a lot with the small space Cindy. Good job. Have a great weekend.

Teddee Grace said...

I've been following your blog for some time now, from before you moved, and can tell you are really not blooming in this new place. Keep looking!

Darah513 said...

Your apartment may be small but you have made it look beautiful with your wonderful belongings. Thanks for sharing with us.